How can you help yourself before you go?
Despite not running at the event (the bump is getting a bit too cumbersome these days!) I've dug out the maps from when Dave and I last ran there and had a think about how I would have prepared. So, here's a few ideas:
If you have an old map ...
- Highlight the index contours on an old map so that you can easily see the lie of the land. The contours look a bit confusing on this map so it will be worth having a feel for the ups and downs before you pick up the map in the start lane
- Look over your route choices from last time you were there and see if there's anything you can learn from them
- Take a look at the satellite photos of the area available on google maps.
- Be prepared to run up and down a few hills: the area is pretty undulating and, last time I ran there, had a fair amount of green forest, so could be quite tough on the quads!
Enjoy!
Christine
No comments:
Post a Comment